Do you have an interest in the Emacs text editor?
Time: Tuesday 13th January 2015, 7:30PM Venue: OGGB 4
Informal meeting to talk about Emacs.
Things we can cover:
- What's new in 24.4 - ACLs, inotify, lexical eval, etc
- What's going into 25
- Marmalade is now hosted in elnode
- Getting started with emacs
- dotemacs tips and tricks
- org-mode to keep yourself organised
- magit for working with git
- Elnode the async emacs-lisp webserver
- How to deal with coming across from Vi(m)
- Australia and New Zealand emacs users mailing list
- Suggest we go for dinner together after the BoF
Please add other topics you'd like to cover.
Event Organiser: Jason Lewis
Topics we covered
- creating presentations in emacs using:
- Slidy (thanks to Giovanni for his pre-prepared talk)
- literate programming
- Sign up to the Australia and New Zealand emacs users mailing list
We had 9 people attend. Three were vi users who came to check out what emacs is about.
- V Spagnolo
- Giovanni Moretti
- James McKay
- Nick Urbane
- Kevin Tran
- Uwe Geuder
- Jason Lewis
- Sergey Guzenkov
- Andrew Kirkpatrick
Another one by Aaron Bedra.
Also see Mastering Emacs.