Martial Arts BoF
Daryl Tester has organised this in previous years and I (Jonathan Oxer) would love it if he did it again, so I'm making this page as a prompt for him ;-)
The Martial Arts BoF is for any practitioner of any martial art to come together, train, share and learn. Even if you're a beginner or just mildly curious and have never trained before, you're welcome to come along and participate. The format is a relaxed training session where you will have an opportunity to try out different styles and techniques, and also teach something from your own style if you feel so inclined.
To do: scope out the venue and find a suitable location. We will most likely find some nice outdoor grassy spot near the conference venue, and meet early in the morning for about 1 - 1.5 hours.
- Time: 7am Thursday 15th.
- Location: South end of Albert Park, which is just west of the venue (see map below). We can meet here and then relocate to a better spot if there's something suitable.
- Pick an attack and a defence out of your style, and teach it to others.
- And other random techniques.
Name and style
Add yourself here.
- Jon Oxer (firstname.lastname@example.org), Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Paul Del
- Ben Stevens (email@example.com), Tae Kwon Do (Moon Lee)
- Rubén Rubio (firstname.lastname@example.org), Kyokushin karate
- Mike Tarantino (email@example.com), Brazilian Jiu Jitsu