Personal Crypto & Security BOF
We had a personal crypto bof organised at short notice during LCA2014.
The idea is to talk about crypto and security from the perspective of ourselves as skilled end users. No spooks or spook supporters!
Possible topics of discussion:
- 2014 discoveries of major OpenSSL flaws
- impact of new data retention legislation & new surveillance powers
- status of projects / products for secure home routers & mesh networking
- Password management tools (including digital legacy considerations)
Last year we ran the BOF with a semi-formal speaking list to try to ensure that everyone who wants to contribute gets to speak. Adding topics of discussion above will help with facilitation if we do this again.
- Daniel Bryan
- Sharif Olorin
- Kye Russell
- Delan Azabani
- Daniel Sobey
- Justin Clacherty
- Kevin Tran
- Srdan Dukic
- Glen Chatfield
- Simon Werner (maybe)
- Yinette Hodge
- Andrew Buckeridge OpenSSL must be allowed to die