Difference between revisions of "Shops and Supplies"
(added weekend markets + cake shops)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Cake shops ==
== Cake shops ==
Revision as of 15:22, 10 January 2015
- Main article: Banking
Shops that sell whole cakes and cakes by the slice. There's usually whole cakes available without ordering if you're early enough in the day.
- Pandoro. Queen St, CBD.
- Have whole cakes + by the slice. pdf of order form gives you an idea of what cakes are avail
- Gateau House
- Address: 18 High Street or 328 Queen St. opposite Carls Junior.
- page listing address, phone numbers + hours
- Lovely choc mousse cakes, chiffon cakes. whole cake, also by slices.
- Website has pics of cakes they make and prices.
Computer and Electronics shops
Places in Auckland where you can buy gear that is very close to the venue (can walk there or take a bus/taxi)
- PB Tech computer store.
- Surplustronics. 520 Queen St, Auckland CBD. Google+. Catalogue online. Queen St store open Monday - Saturday
- Jaycar. 231 Khyber Pass, Newmarket. Google+. open 7 days. Catalogue online. - Jaycar has soldering irons, electronic parts, etc, which are getting harder to find these days.
- PriceSpy is a NZ price comparison site that started started many years ago with comparisons of computer components + accessories.
I like markets as they are a good place to find the best NZ local produce (especially the farmers markets).
"Farmers market" in NZ means goods sold has to be made/grown within a certain radius of the market's location. They tend to be organic or spray free too. Authenticity http://www.marketground.co.nz/fmnz/35275/
Britomart Farmers Market
- Britomart Farmers market on Saturday 8am - 12:30pm
- web + [https://plus.google.com/102403961790008849161/about?gl=nz&hl=en google+ }
Parnell Farmers Market
La Cigale French Market
- Where: 69, St Georges Bay Rd., Parnell. google+
- When: every Saturday from 8am to 1.30pm and Sunday from 9am to 1.30pm.
- Web, google+ and Facebook
- If you bus there, get out off the bus at Parnell Rd and walk
- If you drive, enter St Georges Bay Rd from the Strand. Don't drive down St Georges Bay Rd from Parnell because you can't drive through. you could park and walk through.
- Doesn't comply with "farmers market" rules because La Cigale (the shop which started the market) has imported french cheeses and wines as well as other kitchenware. However there's many stalls there that would comply within the NZ farmers market regulations.
- Very very good market.
While you'll be able to get some OTC medication like paracetamol, ibuprofen, lozenges at the supermarket, there are still some items that are only available at pharmacies, including any doctor's prescriptions that need to be filled.
- Campus pharmacy (at University of Auckland)
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm or 6pm
- Address: Ground floor, Kate Edger Information Commons, 9 Symonds St, Auckland. Google+
- Phone Phone: +64 9 377 1991 or +64 9 373 7599 ext 87935
- The Campus Pharmacy sells cosmetics, general medicines, toiletries, sports products, stamps, and phone cards. It also processes film and is an agent for NZ Post.
- Quay St Pharmacy
- Hours: 9am - 9pm, 7 days a week.
- Address: Countdown Building, 76 Quay St, Auckland Central. Google+ page for that address
- Phone +64 9 280 6197. Fax +64 9 374 4577. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus pharmacy at University of Auckland is an agent for NZ post. See Pharmacies section.
There's 2 chains in the Auckland Central, Countdown and New World with 4 supermarkets between them. With all I'll try to add the google+ page so you have a link to the map to help you find them. There's also a few asian supermarkets in the CBD.
- Countdown has 2 supermarkets: Countdown Auckland City and Countdown Auckland Metro
- If you hate shopping, you can order online and have the groceries delivered OR pick up from the supermarket.
- Countdown Auckland City, on Quay St has both options (delivery or collect)
- Page with info on click + collect http://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/Page/ClickAndCollect?ref=homepage
- Page on delivery http://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/Page/Delivery?ref=homepage
- Countdown Auckland City (Quay St)
- Opening Hours Mon - Sun, 24 hours
- Address: 76 Quay Street, Auckland City. Phone: (09) 275 2567 Fax: (09) 377 7833
- Google+ page
- Alcohol can only be sold between 7am and 11pm. Not allowed between 11pm and 7am.
- Full sized supermarket with a wide range of products including those for people with special dietary requirements (glutenfree, eggfree, dairy free, vegetarian etc).
- Countdown Auckland Metro (Victoria St W)
- Opening Hours: Mon - Sun : 7am-10pm
- Address: 19-25 Victoria Street W, Auckland CBD. Ph (09) 255 2428 Fax (09) 255 9800
- Google+ page
- It is on Victoria St between Queen + Albert Streets, almost opposite Elliot St.
- Smaller supermarket than the Quay St branch.
- Gets very busy aroudn 5pm-7pm sometimes. Queues for checkouts can be 10+ minutes
2 supermarkets: New World on Queen St and New world at Victoria Park. New World at Victoria Park is furthest away. (There use to be a free shoppers bus, but this doesn't run anymore).
New World website http://www.newworld.co.nz/
- New World Metro (Queen St)
- Address: 125 Queen St (opposite Shortland St), Auckland. Tel: (09) 300 5390. Fax: (09) 300 5391
- Hours: Mon - Fri 7am to 10pm; Sat - Sun 8am - 10pm
- This is much smaller than New World at Victoria Park.
- New World Victoria Park
- Address: 2 College Hill, Freemans Bay, New Zealand. Tel:(09) 307 8400
- Open Hours Mon - Sun 7am - 12:00am
- The Inner and Outer Link buses stop near this supermarket and go many other useful places. See http://at.govt.nz for information.
Lim Chhour (sp) asian supermarket on 184 K'Rd (Karangahape Road for non-locals)(behind k'rd foodcourt) and Tai Ping Beach Rd are 2 closest asian supermarkets to the venue. Mercury plaza supermarket Asian supermarkets on Hobson St. Japanese Mart at Wyndham St http://japanmart.co.nz/contact/
Will add more details