From LCA2016 Delegate wiki
Revision as of 11:38, 2 October 2015 by Kathy@kathyreid.id.au (Created page with "==What to bring to linux.conf.au== * Laptop, phone, chargers etc - most people bring a laptop, tablet etc. Free WiFi is available. Many Delegates enjoy hacking, coding and de...")
What to bring to linux.conf.au
- Laptop, phone, chargers etc - most people bring a laptop, tablet etc. Free WiFi is available. Many Delegates enjoy hacking, coding and developing together at linux.conf.au.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a water bottle - Geelong, although coastal, can have high summer temperatures. The conference venue is a block from the beach, feel free to bring swimming gear.
- Clothes and toiletries - the conference venue is a block away from a Westfield shopping centre, so you'll be OK if you forget anything. Remember to bring any medication you may need.
- Identification and if international, your passport - for registration purposes, we may need to see identification, and if you're a student, we'll need to see your student card. Geelong has plenty of beer, and in accordance with liquor laws, you may be asked for ID to be served alcohol.
- Cash or card - you will likely have some incidental expenses during the conference. There's an ATM (Westpac) at the conference venue, and most nearby venues take card.
- An appetite - Geelong has a magnificent range of eateries and restaurants all within walking distance.