From LCA2016 Delegate wiki
What are Lightning Talks?
It is linux.conf.au tradition to hold Lightning Talks during the last session of the Conference, on Friday afternoon.
What is the format for linux.conf.au Lightning Talks?
- 5 minutes, including presentation setup. More setup, less talky talky.
- You will be counted down.
- Use the table below to sign up
- There are 8 slots available. If you don't fit into the 8 slots, you can go on the Reserve list.
- Modifications to this list are auditable. Bumping someone else's Lightning Talk is frowned upon. No one likes #WrathyKathy.
Lightning Talk signup list
|2||Steven Ellis||Armcrafting - or how we hacked the LCA2015 prize + NZOSS Update|
|3||Geordie Millar||StackPtr (read: Stack Pointer): Lessons learned in developing a FOSS GPS and Map sharing app|
|4||Katie McLaughlin||Hat Rack|
|5||Christopher Neugebauer||PyCon Australia 2016|
|6||Cherie Ellis||GovHack 2016|
|7||Paul Fenwick||The best software you never knew you needed, OR The world's coolest organisms (or maybe both)|
|8||Duncan Macneil||I lied, with apologies to The Lemonheads|
Lightning Talk reserve list
|8||Paul Fenwick||How popular media shapes society, and what you can do about it.|
|255||Paul Fenwick||The Year of Linux on the Desktop! User-friendly mouseless window management with Xmonad and Haskell!|