Difference between pages "Libre Instant Messaging and Social Media BoF" and "Information for Delegates"
(→Here are links to various software)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 14:28, 23 January 2016
- 1 Registration information
- 2 Getting to linux.conf.au
- 3 Where to stay at linux.conf.au
- 4 Conference schwag
- 5 What events are on at linux.conf.au?
- 6 What's to eat?
- 7 What to bring to linux.conf.au
- 8 Social Media
- 9 Geelong Emergency contacts
Refer to the main conference registration page for information on pricing, ticket types and entitlements.
Registration is a three-step process;
- Create a new account on linux.conf.au and validate your email
- Make your registration selection
- Ensure you pay your invoice
Registrations are not valid until paid. We can accept most major credit cards.
Getting to linux.conf.au
Where to stay at linux.conf.au
See Schwag Bag
What events are on at linux.conf.au?
- Penguin Dinner
- Professional Delegates Networking Session (PDNS)
- Unprofessional Delegates Networking Session (UnPDNS)
- Speakers' Dinner
- Birds of a Feather sessions (BoFs)
- Electronic Frontiers Australia presents Friday Night Drinks
- Main conference
What's to eat?
What to bring to linux.conf.au
- Laptop, phone, camera, chargers etc - most people bring a laptop, tablet etc. Free WiFi is available. Many Delegates enjoy hacking, coding and developing together at linux.conf.au.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a water bottle - Geelong, although coastal, can have high summer temperatures. The conference venue is a block from the beach, feel free to bring swimming gear.
- Clothes and toiletries - the conference venue is a block away from a Westfield shopping centre, so you'll be OK if you forget anything. Remember to bring any medication you may need.
- Identification and if international, your passport - for registration purposes, we may need to see identification, and if you're a student, we'll need to see your student card. Geelong has plenty of beer, and in accordance with liquor laws, you may be asked for ID to be served alcohol.
- Cash or card - you will likely have some incidental expenses during the conference. There's an ATM (Westpac) at the conference venue, and most nearby venues take card.
- An appetite - Geelong has a magnificent range of eateries and restaurants all within walking distance.
- Website: linux.conf.au
- Twitter: @linuxconfau, hashtag #lca2016
- Facebook: Facebook
- Google+: Google Plus
- Lanyrd: Lanyrd
- IRC: #linux.conf.au on freenode.net
- Email: Email
- Announce mailing list: Announce list
- Reddit: /r/linuxconfau
Geelong Emergency contacts
All emergency Services: 000
In Australia, 000 is the main point of call for all emergency services. 911 will not redirect to 000.
- Barwon Health Geelong Emergency Department
- (03) 4215 0100
- (03) 5225 3100
Geelong CFA (Fire)
- (03) 5240 2700, Email 
Waurn Ponds (Uni Res accomodation)
- 03 5227 1158, Web 
On Call Linux Conference Australia Organizer
- 0484 112 896
Crisis and Mental Health
- Lifeline Australia - Crisis support and suicide prevention
- 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue - Support Service and referrals
- 1300 22 4636