Food at linux.conf.au
While morning and afternoon teas will be provided at the conference, you will need to make your own arrangements for lunch, and most evening meals. To help with this, we've provided a run down below of food and beverage venues.
Around Deakin University Geelong Waterfront Campus
- Waterfront kitchen
- Library Cafe
- Koffie Haus
- Beside the Point cafe
- King George Fish and Grill
- Rush Hour Cafe
- Geelong Boat House
- The Max Hotel
- Denny's kitchen
- The Mussel/Paella Boat
Around Geelong CBD
Little Malop Street
In recent months, Little Malop street has had a revival with some interesting food outlets. Where is Little Malop street? Well from Deakin Waterfront Campus, walk south (ie away from the water). After the Geelong Library, you will hit Little Malop Street.
At the Eatern end are some interesting cafes and a couple of resturant
- Hot Chicken Project
- Coffee Cartel Roasters Bar Good coffee and a great spot for breakfast if required
- Piano Bar (Blues Bar) Open Thursday to Saturday evenings. "Mini Meals to have with your drink." Paraphrase from their web site.
- Beav's Bar A unique retro, metropolitiona-feel bar with live music. May not have any real food options
- Caruggi (Rustic Italian)
- The Peoples Potato (Lunch only, closes at 3pm, Not open on Weekends)
- Royal Indian (Restuarant)
- Pistol Petes (South American styled crusine and Blues restaurant)
Just around the corner. Parkers Steakhouse. Great for a slow dinner, suggestion book ahead and make it early for making an evening of it.
Around Deakin University Geelong Waurn Ponds Student Residences
The Residential Units are self-catering. You will need to provide your own breakfast.
@system_au made a rater excellent map of eateries and a few other places:
Ensuring dietary requirements are catered for
We understand that many people have specialist dietary requirements. To ensure we can cater to these, you must indicate them on your Registration.