Difference between pages "Template:WhatToPack" and "Kerbal BoF"

From LCA2016 Delegate wiki
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
(Attendees: fix)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
==What to bring to linux.conf.au==
+
[[File:Kerbal-LCA2016.jpg|thumb|Alt=LCA2016 Spaceship|LCA2016 is going to space today!]]
  
* '''Laptop, phone, chargers etc''' - most people bring a laptop, tablet etc. Free WiFi is available. Many Delegates enjoy hacking, coding and developing together at linux.conf.au.
+
== Description ==
* '''Sunscreen, sunglasses and a water bottle''' - Geelong, although coastal, can have high summer temperatures. The conference venue is a block from the beach, feel free to bring swimming gear.
+
 
* '''Clothes and toiletries''' - the conference venue is a block away from a Westfield shopping centre, so you'll be OK if you forget anything. Remember to bring any medication you may need.  
+
For Players, developers, modders, and those who are curious about [https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/ Kerbal Space Program]. General space nerdery is encouraged!
* '''Identification and if international, your passport''' - for registration purposes, we may need to see identification, and if you're a student, we'll need to see your student card. Geelong has plenty of beer, and in accordance with liquor laws, you may be asked for ID to be served alcohol.
+
 
* '''Cash or card''' - you will likely have some incidental expenses during the conference. There's an ATM (Westpac) at the conference venue, and most nearby venues take card.  
+
== Organiser ==
* '''An appetite''' - Geelong has a magnificent range of eateries and restaurants all within walking distance.
+
 
 +
This is an open organisation event! While [[User:Paul.j.fenwick@gmail.com|pjf]] created the page, you are encouraged to '''be bold''' and expand on activities, events, resources, and anything else you feel needs doing!
 +
 
 +
== Scheduled Events ==
 +
 
 +
* 17:20 – 18:00(ish) Wednesday - The Kerbal BoF!
 +
 
 +
== Unscheduled Events ==
 +
 
 +
* I'm currently trying to enhance the [http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/60281-hardware-plugin-arduino-based-physical-display-serial-port-io-tutorial-06-jun/ KSPSerialIO] plugin to send enough data to display prograde/radial/normal/target etc icons on an external navball. Keen to talk a little about how frames of reference work in KSP, and what I've learnt and what hasn't worked trying to get this done. Also write more C# code. - [[User:Peter@hardy.dropbear.id.au|Peter Hardy]]
 +
* I brought my KSP control panel to LCA! Bringing it on campus on Monday afternoon for the open hardware miniconf, and can't really manage to do it again on Wednesday. But I'd love to run it for folk interested to try it out back at the Waurn Ponds residence on <strike>Wednesday evening</strike> some non-penguin-dinner evening. - [[User:Peter@hardy.dropbear.id.au|Peter Hardy]]
 +
 
 +
== Attendees ==
 +
 
 +
* [[User:Paul.j.fenwick@gmail.com|Paul Fenwick]] (Founder of the Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network, co-author of The Kerbal Book)
 +
* [[User:Peter@hardy.dropbear.id.au|Peter Hardy]] - Occasional plugin contributor, builds Kerbalish hardware.
 +
* [[User:Charcol.1900@gmail.com|Charelle Collett]]
 +
* [[User:john@johndalton.info|John Dalton]]
 +
* Paris Buttfield-Addison
 +
* Jon Manning
 +
* Stephen Edmonds - really interested, but knows that time needs to be spent on other things :(
 +
* [[User:jessica@itgrrl.com|Jessica Smith]] - space nerd, KSP n00b
 +
* Paul Bone (KSP is a major reason why I don't get anything done)
 +
 
 +
 
 +
{{Template:BoF}}

Revision as of 08:17, 2 February 2016

LCA2016 is going to space today!

Description

For Players, developers, modders, and those who are curious about Kerbal Space Program. General space nerdery is encouraged!

Organiser

This is an open organisation event! While pjf created the page, you are encouraged to be bold and expand on activities, events, resources, and anything else you feel needs doing!

Scheduled Events

  • 17:20 – 18:00(ish) Wednesday - The Kerbal BoF!

Unscheduled Events

  • I'm currently trying to enhance the KSPSerialIO plugin to send enough data to display prograde/radial/normal/target etc icons on an external navball. Keen to talk a little about how frames of reference work in KSP, and what I've learnt and what hasn't worked trying to get this done. Also write more C# code. - Peter Hardy
  • I brought my KSP control panel to LCA! Bringing it on campus on Monday afternoon for the open hardware miniconf, and can't really manage to do it again on Wednesday. But I'd love to run it for folk interested to try it out back at the Waurn Ponds residence on Wednesday evening some non-penguin-dinner evening. - Peter Hardy

Attendees

  • Paul Fenwick (Founder of the Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network, co-author of The Kerbal Book)
  • Peter Hardy - Occasional plugin contributor, builds Kerbalish hardware.
  • Charelle Collett
  • John Dalton
  • Paris Buttfield-Addison
  • Jon Manning
  • Stephen Edmonds - really interested, but knows that time needs to be spent on other things :(
  • Jessica Smith - space nerd, KSP n00b
  • Paul Bone (KSP is a major reason why I don't get anything done)


Birds of a Feather sessions (BoFs)
Autonomous Robots Emacs Ingress Interval Training Kerbal Keysigning Libre Social Media Parallelism Perl Queer Running Taswegian Bibleopoly