Getting to Auckland
From LCA2015 Delegate wiki
Revision as of 16:55, 28 August 2014 by Simon Lyall
- Australian citizens and permanent residents do not usually need a visa to travel to New Zealand.
- Are you from a visa-waiver country (inlcuding USA, most of the EU, Japan,), and intending to visit for no more three months then you do not need a VISA
- Check the Immigration New Zealand website for details
- Customs advice for visiting New Zealand. Note that New Zealand has stronger restrictions on bringing in food and other products that may host agricultural pests than most countries.
Flying to Auckland
- Auckland is the main airport for flights to New Zealand
- Direct flights to Auckland are available from major Australian cities and various countries.
- The conference is taking place near the summer holiday peak so don't leaving buying tickets till the last minutes
Driving to Auckland
- It takes around 8 hours to drive from Wellington to Auckland