Getting to Auckland
From LCA2015 Delegate wiki
Revision as of 00:21, 30 December 2014 by Augur .
- See also: Arrivals Departures
- Auckland is New Zealand's biggest airport, and the fourth biggest in Australasia, meaning you can fly directly from any airport in the Pacific.
- The conference is taking place near the summer holiday peak so you will need to book your flights and accommodation as early as possible to get the cheapest rates.
- Flying from the US? Remember that you're flying into the future! Don't forget to take this into account and check what day and local time you arrive.
- Australian citizens and permanent residents do not usually need a visa to travel to New Zealand.
- If you are from a visa-waiver country (including USA, most of the EU, Japan) and intending to visit for no more three months, then you do not need a visa.
- Check the Immigration New Zealand website for details
- Customs advice for visiting New Zealand. Note that New Zealand has stronger restrictions on bringing in food and other products that may host agricultural pests than most countries.
Airport to venue transfers
Auckland airport has buses, shuttles and taxis available. Note that the Auckland domestic and international airports are about 1 km apart, so ensure you order a taxi to the correct location.
- Uber has a fixed price $70 fare to or from Auckland Airport to an area which includes the University of Auckland (where the conference is held) and our accommodation.
- Cost $16 one way
- airport to the city - http://www.airbus.co.nz/pictures/map-1-horizontal.png
- city to the airport - http://www.airbus.co.nz/pictures/map-2-horizontal.png
- Cost $33 per person, one way.
- http://taxi.co.nz (pre-paid taxi)