What to do at linux.conf.au
There's plenty to do at linux.conf.au, and the surround Geelong region.
What events are on at linux.conf.au?
- Penguin Dinner
- Professional Delegates Networking Session (PDNS)
- Unprofessional Delegates Networking Session (UnPDNS)
- Speakers' Dinner
- Birds of a Feather sessions (BoFs)
- Electronic Frontiers Australia presents Friday Night Drinks
- Main conference
One of the most beneficial parts of linux.conf.au is the 'hallway track' - where lots of conversations, exchange of ideas, and building of friendships occurs.
Things to do in and around Geelong
Geelong has plenty to do in and around the CBD, and further afield to the Bellarine Peninsula.
Tourist attractions in and around Geelong CBD
- National Wool Museum
- Central Geelong attractions
- The Carousel
- Geelong Botanic Gardens
- Eastern Beach
- Geelong Art Gallery
- Geelong Library and Heritage Centre
- Alfred Deakin Prime Ministerial Library
- Visit Geelong and the Bellarine
Tourist attractions further afield
- Little Creatures Brewery, South Geelong
- The Rock Adventure centre (rock climbing), West Geelong
- Powerhouse Industrial art complex, North Geelong
- Geelong and Bellarine Wineries
- Adventure Park, Wallington
NOTE: In order to reduce alcohol-fuelled violence, many nightclubs around Geelong enforce ID scanning upon entry.