To and from the airport
Buses will be provided to and from Melbourne Tullamarine airport (MEL), and depending on numbers, also to and from Avalon airport (AVV) on Sunday 31st January and Saturday 6th February.
Please ensure that you list your flight on the Airport arrivals and departures page.
If you're arriving or departing outside of these times, you may need to make other arrangements.
- Gull Bus - goes between Geelong and Melbourne Tullamarine (MEL) airport. The nearest stop is Geelong train station, which is a 10 minute walk from the conference venue. Expect to pay around $55 for a round trip.
- Avalon Airport Shuttle - door to door service from your accommodation to or from Avalon Airport (AVV - Sydney only). Expect to pay around $45 for a round trip.
- VLine regional rail to Melbourne - Geelong is around 1 hour by rail from Melbourne. From there, you can catch the Skybus to Melbourne Tullamarine airport (MEL).
- public transport from Melbourne Tullamarine airport (requires myki card only) - 901 bus to Broadmeadows station, metropolitan train to Southern Cross station, country train to Geelong railway station
To and from the Deakin Student Residences at Waurn Ponds
For those staying at the Deakin Student Residences at Waurn Ponds, we will be running shuttles to and from the conference venue at Deakin University Waterfront Campus, around 15km away.
It's important that you're up early in the morning in order to catch the bus to conf!
Transport around Geelong
You probably want Route 41.
Can a local please advise on this?
- [Geelong Taxi Network http://www.geelongtaxis.com.au/] - 131 008
Parking is available at Deakin's Waterfront Campus for around $6 per day. The easiest way to pay for parking is via the Pay by Phone application. The Waterfront car park ID is Geelong Waterfront Campus - 10157.
Car parking is also available at the Cunningham Pier for around $10 per day.
Car Parking at the Residences at Waurn Ponds is usually included in the accommodation pricing, but check with Deakin Residences for more information.