Shops and Supplies
There's 2 chains in the Auckland Central, Countdown and New World with 4 supermarkets between them. With all I'll try to add the google+ page so you have a link to the map to help you find them. There's also a few asian supermarkets in the CBD.
- Countdown has 2 supermarkets: Countdown Auckland City and Countdown Auckland Metro
- If you hate shopping, you can order online and have the groceries delivered OR pick up from the supermarket.
- Countdown Auckland City, on Quay St has both options (delivery or collect)
- Page with info on click + collect http://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/Page/ClickAndCollect?ref=homepage
- Page on delivery http://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/Page/Delivery?ref=homepage
- Countdown Auckland City (Quay St)
- Opening Hours Mon - Sun, 24 hours
- Address: 76 Quay Street, Auckland City. Phone: (09) 275 2567 Fax: (09) 377 7833
- Google+ page
- Alcohol can only be sold between 7am and 11pm. Not allowed between 11pm and 7am.
- Full sized supermarket with a wide range of products including those for people with special dietary requirements (glutenfree, eggfree, dairy free, vegetarian etc).
- Countdown Auckland Metro (Victoria St W)
- Opening Hours: Mon - Sun : 7am-10pm
- Address: 19-25 Victoria Street W, Auckland CBD. Ph (09) 255 2428 Fax (09) 255 9800
- Google+ page
- It is on Victoria St between Queen + Albert Streets, almost opposite Elliot St.
- Smaller supermarket than the Quay St branch.
2 supermarkets: New World on Queen St and New world at Victoria Park. New World at Victoria Park is furthest away BUT there is a free shoppers bus so you don't have to walk back with your groceries.
New World website http://www.newworld.co.nz/
- New World Metro (Queen St)
- Address: 125 Queen St (opposite Shortland St), Auckland. Tel: (09) 300 5390. Fax: (09) 300 5391
- Hours: Mon - Fri 7am to 10pm; Sat - Sun 8am - 10pm
- I think this is slightly smaller than New World at Victoria Park.
- New World Victoria Park
- Address: 2 College Hill, Freemans Bay, New Zealand. Tel:(09) 307 8400
- Open Hours Mon - Sun 7am - 12:00am
- Free Bus
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Leaves at every hour on the hour from the supermarket. It was from the carpark when I last used it. Ask the staff
- Ring to check if this still going
- Map of route https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zTG8G0yuQ_7o.kfwPqE-05bM4
- Link Bus: This is on the link bus route. http://at.govt.nz to look up info on bus.
Lim Chhour (sp) asian supermarket on 184 K'Rd (behind k'rd foodcourt) and Tai Ping Beach Rd are 2 closest asian supermarkets to the venue. Mercury plaza supermarket Asian supermarkets on Hobson St. Japanese Mart at Wyndham St http://japanmart.co.nz/contact/
Will add more details