From LCA2016 Delegate wiki
What are Lightning Talks?
It is linux.conf.au tradition to hold Lightning Talks during the last session of the Conference, on Friday afternoon.
What is the format for linux.conf.au Lightning Talks?
- 5 minutes, including presentation setup. More setup, less talky talky.
- You will be counted down.
- Use the table below to sign up
- There are 8 slots available. If you don't fit into the 8 slots, you can go on the Reserve list.
- Modifications to this list are auditable. Bumping someone else's Lightning Talk is frowned upon. No one likes #WrathyKathy.
What do I need to do to prepare for my Lightning Talk?
- We are putting all Lightning Talk slides in one pack to make it easier to run Lightning Talks
- You MUST email your Lightning Talk slides to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your talk slides will then be added to the master slide deck
- The slides will be all PDFd. Please send your slides in PDF.
- If your slides are not emailed through, you won't have them in your Lightning Talk.
- Slides must be received by Friday lunchtime plskthx.
Lightning Talk signup list
|1||Bron Gondwana||JMAP - a better way to email|
|2||Steven Ellis||Armcrafting - or how we hacked the LCA2015 prize + NZOSS Update|
|3||Geordie Millar||StackPtr (read: Stack Pointer): Lessons learned in developing a FOSS GPS and Map sharing app|
|4||Katie McLaughlin||Hat Rack|
|5||Christopher Neugebauer||PyCon Australia 2016|
|6||Cherie Ellis||GovHack 2016|
|7||Paul Fenwick||The best software you never knew you needed, OR The world's coolest organisms (or maybe both)|
|8||Duncan Macneil||I lied, with apologies to The Lemonheads|
|9||Keith Packard||Generating 1MB/sec of random numbers|
Lightning Talk reserve list
|1||Martin Krafft||The Cloud is hip, sure, but still no reason to NIH everything|
|7||molly de blanc||how to tie a tie|
|8||Paul Fenwick||How popular media shapes society, and what you can do about it.|
|255||Paul Fenwick||The Year of Linux on the Desktop! User-friendly mouseless window management with Xmonad and Haskell!|