Welcome to the Linux.conf.au 2015 wiki
This wiki is provided for those attending linux.conf.au 2015 in Auckland New Zealand to add information that would be useful for other attendees.
If you are attending LCA2015 feel free to add and share information here for the benefit of all delegates.
- 1 About
- 2 Programme
- 3 Delegate Information
- 4 Before and after the conference
- 5 Other stuff
- 6 Photos and Video from the conference
- Main article: About
- Registration Desk - where to go to get your badge, swag, and to make any final payment arrangements.
- Payment Info - make sure you're registered!
- Badge - what it looks like, and what the icons on it mean.
- Swag - information about what's in your swag bag.
- Volunteers - how to recognise a volunteer, and what they do.
- NOC - the mysteries of the Network Operations Centre revealed.
- University of Auckland - the host venue for LCA2015.
- Owen G Glenn Building (OGGB) - main location for miniconfs, BoFs, etc.
- Fisher & Paykel Appliances Auditorium (FPAA) - where the conf opening/closing, and keynotes happen.
- National Institute of Creative Arts and Industries (NICAI) - where the hardware hacking events will be held.
- Getting to Auckland - by air (Arrivals/Departures), by coach, train, or car
- Transport around Auckland - by bus, train, ferry, taxi, bicycle, car, and other means
- Attractions - Museums & culture, adventure, nature, animal enclosures
- Phone and mobile data - network operators, SIMs and handsets
- Emergency contacts - emergency numbers, emergency services in Auckland
- Weather - general, forecasts. Metservice - Auckland Central.
- Local rules: Smoke-Free Policy, Alcohol related policies.
- Main article: Programme
- Keynote Speakers - invited speakers talking about important issues
- Miniconfs - have their own programme but are open for any LCA2015 attendee
- Tutorials - 100 minutes on instruction, check what you need before you attend
- Partners' Programme
- Lightning talks - very brief, ad-lib presentations
- BoF Sessions - informal sessions for people with common interests to talk and network
- Unprofessional Delegates Networking Session
- Main article: Delegate Information
- Campus accommodation - Accommodation options for conference attendees
Food and Drinks
Shops and Supplies
- Emergency contacts - Emergency Services, Hospitals, etc
- Internet & Network Access
- Phone and mobile data
- Wiki Help - formatting and editing with wikitext
Before and after the conference
- Events before and after the conference
- Attractions - Tourist attractions around Auckland
- Local Restaurants
- Geeks on a Train -- Auckland to Wellington, January 17
Photos and Video from the conference
- Online Streaming of the conference
- Official Videos of talks (uploaded as they become available)